Our Consignment Policies
Our consignors are very important to us. We want your experience to be easy, pleasant and profitable. We hope you’ll find our policies reflect our commitment to excellence in client service.
Please refer to the “What we Take” page for guidance.
- We have a one year consignment period. This allows us to handle large inventories and to take in all seasons because we maintain off-site storage. However, we do put items out seasonally, to compete with our local retailers. Off season items are stored. If we receive off-season items they won't go out right away. This allows us to keep the prices higher for a longer period of time, provide exposure to the largest number of buyers and turn over seasonal inventory along with retail stores.
- You don't need an appointment to drop items off, but we do recommend calling first. Items are inventoried on a first-come, first serve bases. Processing takes between six to ten weeks, depending on the backlog. You receive a computerized inventory via email. If any item is found defective during processing, you will be notified and have two weeks to retrieve it if you choose. After that, it will be donated to Children's Orthopedic Hospital.
- Items must be freshly cleaned and in perfect condition. If worn even once or stored for a period of a year after cleaning, they must be re-cleaned. We prefer you have the items cleaned before bringing them in; however, we provide cleaning services for your convenience for items selling for at least $100. We carry the cleaning cost until your consignment fees cover them.
- Items are priced at approximately a third of their original value. Pricing can vary based on age, demand, and condition. Prices are reduced about 20% each month they are on the floor until they sell.
- Items are not returned if they don't sell, but are donated to Children's Orthopedic Hospital in your name. You receive the tax receipt at the end of the year
- We pay you 40% of the sales price, less any cleaning. We mail checks every second month for amounts due exceeding $25.00. You can always request a check be cut any time; it takes about a week. You can also apply any monies in your account to your store purchase. All money due will be sent to you. Neither your money or merchandise become our property.